Ghost of Tsushima: Armor Guide
Ghost of Tsushima's armor customization will give gamers the freedom while playing as Jin, both in appearance and capabilities. While fighting as a Samurai or sneaking around as the Ghost, Jin can equip different sets of armor.
That's because the armor in the game provides different utilities and mechanical advantages that can match the situation you are facing. It is not just cosmetics. Of course, fighting in style is also vital if fashion is your focus. Both convey your chosen playstyle.
The armor sets consist of different pieces that you can mix and match. So you can interchange different pieces of headgear and body elements. Do the combination of armor pieces that match your playstyle.
Not only can you mix and match the armor pieces, but you can also change their color. You will need special material for this though in the form of dye flowers. Find enough of them and you can change the color of an armor piece.
Using the flowers you have collected, you can buy dyes which allows you to customize the appearance of your armor.
View our Armor Dyes Guide to see all the available armor customizations you can buy from village and temple merchants.
Here is a sample customization for the Kensei Armor that can be bought from the village and temple merchants.
Black Dye Merchant
In addition to the merchants that you will meet in survivor camps and villages, you can also visit the Black Dye Merchant that sells more weapon and armor customizations. As the name implies, the items are all dark-themed.
Here is a sample dark-themed option for the Kensei Armor that is exclusive to the Black Dye Merchant.
White Dye Merchant
The White Dye Merchant sells armor and weapon customizations that are light-themed and is the counter-part of the Black Dye Merchant.
Here is a sample light-themed option for the Kensei Armor that is exclusive to the White Dye Merchant.
Gear Menu: Outfit
You access the various armor through the Outfit menu.
The Armorer upgrades the appearance and attributes of your armor in exchange for materials like Supplies, Linen, Leather, and Silk.
Armor worn by Gosaku, defender of Tsushima's farmers.
Armor that once belonged to the legendary archer Tadayori.
Belonged to a Straw Hat infamous for his cunning and deception.
Samurai Clan Armor
Sturdy armor that once belonged to a son of Lady Masako.
Samurai armor that has been damaged beyond repair.
Worn by those who live and die by the bow and the blade.
Perfect for those with a long journey ahead.
A true samurai needs no clothes - Jin Sakai after too much sake.
Mongol Commander Armor
Hero of Tsushima Armor
Worn only by the greatest defenders of Tsushima
Sakai Clan Armor
For the leader of the Sakai clan. Previously worn by Jin's father, Kazumasa Sakai.
A gift from Taka to enhance the tactics of the Ghost, and a good friend's final creation.
The complete list of Body Armor present in the game.
- Broken Armor - acquired in the game's Prologue
- Traveler’s Attire - received as a gift from a merchant in Hiyoshi Survivor Camp.
- Ronin Attire - acquired in Blood on the Grass
- Samurai Clan Armor - acquired in The Tale of Lady Masako
- Sakai Clan Armor - acquired in Ghosts from the Past
- Ghost Armor - From the Darkness
- Fundoshi - reward for finding all 18 Hot Springs
- Tadayori’s Armor - acquired in The Legend of Tadayori
- Gosaku’s Armor - acquired in The Unbreakable Gosaku
- Kensei Armor - acquired in The Six Blades of Kojiro
- Mongol Commander’s Armor - complete the full quests of Fit for the Khan
Below is the complete list of Helmets present in the game.
Helmets from Merchants
The helmets below can be bought from merchants in exchange for flowers.
- Patchwork Straw Hat
- Farmer’s Straw Hat
- Northern Farmer’s Hat
- Fierce Warrior’s Headband
- Kyoto Twilight Headband
- Hinode Headband
- Tora Headband
- Serpent Strike Headband
- Night Ocean Headband
Helmets from Armor Upgrades
- Sword Master's Hat - acquired in Ronin Attire II upgrade
- Genbu Straw Hat - acquired in Ronin Attire III upgrade
- Ashen Straw Hat - acquired in Ronin Attire IV upgrade
- Gosaku's Helmet Improved - acquired in Gosaku's Armor II upgrade
- Gosaku's Helmet - Refined - acquired in Gosaku's Armor III upgrade
- Tadayori's Hat - Improved - acquired in Tadayori's Armor II upgrade
- Tadayori's Hat - Refined - acquired in Tadayori's Armor III upgrade
- Kensei Hat - Improved - acquired in Kensei Armor II upgrade
- Kensei Hat - Refined - acquired in Kensei Armor III upgrade
- Samurai Clan Helmet - acquired in Samurai Clan Armor II upgrade
- Samurai Clan Helmet - Refined - acquired in Samurai Clan Armor III upgrade
Helmets from Quests and Exploration
The helmets below are reward either from completing quests or through exploration.
- Gosaku’s Headband - acquired in The Unbreakable Gosaku
- Kensei Headband – complete The Six Blades of Kojiro
- Noble Fighter’s Headband – complete Ghosts in the Fog
- Clear Summer Headband – complete The End of Suffering
- Chaos Headband – complete This Threefold World
- Bowman’s Straw Hat – complete The Art of Seeing
- Mongol Helmet – complete Fit for the Khan
- Chikurin Headband – found at a boat wreck in Tsutsu
- Wanderer’s Straw Hat – found in a road in Tsutsu
- Forgemaster’s Headband – found in Komatsu Forge
- Oni’s Blade Straw Hat – found on a wheel in Ariake
- Warrior’s Sunset Headband – found on top of Golden Temple
- Natural Vengeance Headband – found on Ariake Lighthouse
- Aozora Headband – found on Sensei Ishikawa's Dojo
- Healer’s Headband – found on a temple in Akashima
- Wood Spirit Straw Hat – found on a statue in Akashima
- Toyotama Straw Hat – found a cliff in Otsuna
- Plum Blossom Headband – found on top of Kushi Temple
- Riverbed Straw Hat – found on a hut in Kushi
- Band of the Second Son – found on top of a temple at Omi Monastery
- Sago Blue Headband – found on of a Cedar temple in Jokagu
- Crooked Kama Headband – found on top of a Jogaku temple
- Tengai – found on a Jogaku temple
- Weathered Straw Hat – acquired in Blood on the Grass
- Sakai Clan Helmet – complete Ghosts from the Past
- Ghost Headband – complete From the Darkness
Helmets from Haikus
The helmets below are rewards from creating haikus.
- Headband of Death - Tsutsu Haiku
- Headband of the Invasion - Azamo Haiku
- Headband of Strife - Komatsu Haiku
- Headband of Fear - Kashine Haiku
- Headband of Refuge - Ariake Haiku
- Headband of Defeat - Komoda Haiku
- Headband of Peace - Hiyoshi Haiku #1
- Headband of Serenity - Hiyoshi Haiku #2
- Headband of Uncertainty - Akashima Haiku
- Headband of Perseverance - Umugi Haiku
- Headband of Survival - Otsuna Haiku
- Headband of Preservation - Kushi Haiku
- Headband of Rebirth - Kubara Haiku
- Headband of Ruin - Kin Haiku
- Headband of Hope - Sago Haiku
Masks from Armor Upgrades
- Gosaku’s Visage - acquired in Gosaku's Armor III upgrade
- Samurai Clan Mask - acquired in Samurai Clan Armor III upgrade
Masks from Quests and Exploration
Below is the list of Masks you can find in the game
- Sakai Mask – complete Ghosts from the Past
- Sakai Half Mask - acquired in Ghosts from the Past
- Ghost Mask – complete From the Darkness
- Sacred Mountain Messenger – complete all 16 Bamboo Strikes
- Wolf of Tsushima – complete all 49 Fox Dens
- Purity of War – complete The Undying Flame
- Shattered Mask of Tomoe – complete Laid to Rest
- Adachi Half Mask – complete The Sister Betrayed (Masako Tale 9 of 9)“
- Conqueror’s Mask – complete Fit for the Khan“
- Glowering Warrior – obtained as a gift at Golden Temple Gift Altar
- Avenging Lord – obtained as a gift at Golden Temple Gift Altar
- Thief’s Wrap – obtained as a gift at Golden Temple Gift Altar
- Snows of Kamiagata – obtained as a gift at Golden Temple Gift Altar
- Brutal Bandit – obtained as a gift at Golden Temple Gift Altar
- Haunted Dreams – obtained as a gift at Golden Temple Gift Altar
- Guardian’s Scowl – obtained as a gift at Golden Temple Gift Altar
- Nasu Baba’s Wrath – obtained as a gift at Golden Temple Gift Altar
- Venerable Spirit – obtained as a gift at Golden Temple Gift Altar
- Kijin’s Blood – obtained as a gift at Golden Temple Gift Altar
- Ivory of Woe – found in a house in Kin
- Seiryuu’s Glare – found in a building in Sago
- Skeletal Vengeance – found in a house in Jogaku